Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spring Was Short!!



Today is still spring right? Well, for most of you it is even looking like summer. However, here in Wydaho we are once again experiencing winter. I woke up and could tell that it was dark outside so I figured it was raining like the last few days. I looked out the window and saw white roofs on the neighbor's houses. My beautiful tulips were being frosted with the white stuff. 
What you can't tell from these pictures is that it was still snowing quite heavily, they are expecting about two inches at least, we have at least an inch on the back porch. This will definitely go down as the longest winter! Must be that global warming thing going on!! Steve and Josh hopefully will not have trouble going over the pass from Jackson tonight as they already took off the studded snow tires!! The pass always gets more snow than we do. The one good thing is that the snow on the ski hill will be good and the ski lift opens again soon for the summer season!! 
  So much for going out and planting the peonies that Steve brought home for me yesterday, part of my Mother's Day present from Jason and Karla. I guess that will have to wait for a sunny day. If we don't get enough sunny days my tomato plant from Josh will never produce!! Ah well, the problems of living in this beautiful country.

No comments: