Thursday, May 13, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Last week I had the privilege of going on a very special photo shoot with my friend Carol. This was not just a regular photo shoot. This would be an emotional journey..."Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" is a baby that has taken an early flight home. We arrived at the NICU of Mercy hospital, set up our things in the evening light and unwrapped the sweet bundle. He was 35 weeks old and perfectly formed. Positioning him in natural baby positions Carol shot tons of photos, his little feet, hands and sweet little ears.
Next, was shooting him with his parents, this would prove a little more difficult for me. I was OK until the mom and dad were on the bed holding their sweet little boy. Tears began to stream down their faces as they realized all the dreams they had for their son ended right here. The tears flowed freely from my own eyes...it seemed like yesterday that we were in the same place having to say good-bye to our own little girl. Words just can't express the heartache in that room. How I wished I could help them on their journey to life again! I will continue to hold this family in prayer knowing how many difficult days they have ahead of them.
As hard as all that was it was such an awesome privilege to be a part of bringing such precious memories to this family that they will cherish forever. Carol your gift is indescribable, thanks for letting me be a part of it. Life is incredibly short and such a gift.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Mama - God called you to that room. I have no doubt you brought ministering angels that stayed behind with that family. What a difficult situation - thank you for being hands & feet.