Monday, August 2, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORISSA

I know this post is a little late...August has already arrived and
still no post for Lorissa's birthday in July!!!
Somehow life has a way of taking me over...
moving, painting, more painting, boxes, babies, painting, sewing, did I
already mention painting?
This is the story of my first daughter...which to me
was a very big deal.
Steve's family is a long line of BOYS...that's right boys!
After having two myself I thought that was all
I would get!
To my great surprise July 12, 1984 a sweet little
girl arrived in my life.
OK, she should have arrived on July 4th but considering
my record of being quite late, 3 weeks and one month,
I wasn't holding my breath that she
would arrive on time!


Here she is at one month....

and three months,
by the way it took me about this long
to actually believe I had a girl!!

Seven Months


One year

18 months, in a dress that her grandma Quisenberry
made for her. Such a little lady already!

With Ryan in the pool on Quincy Ct. San Ramon, CA

Lorissa, Jason, Joel and Ryan
about 1987.

Lorissa at the soccer fields in Jackson, WY
The year we spent living at the fields between baseball
and soccer. That was the last year I ever did that!
This was also when I discovered that Lorissa would
pass out when she gets the wind knocked out of
her. She has a scar on her chin to prove it!!

On top of Signal Mountain with Grandma and
Grandpa Quisenberry. With a view of Jackson Lake and
the Tetons in the background.

Fourth of July at String Lake, Grand Teton National Park
Joel, Lyndsie, Jason, Lorissa, Ryan and my niece Corrie.

Lyndsie and Lorissa in CA
for my niece's wedding.
Rissa was one of the flower girls, this was the dress she wore.
It didn't stay white for long!
The very next day at church she fell in a mud puddle!!

Rissa and Lyndz


Lorissa and Josh, Shana Ct, Danville, CA
We are back to my birthplace.
Not for long, however!!

Lorissa in Florida

The Family Tree
Sylvan Ave, Sanford Florida
Joel, Lyndsie, Lorissa, Steven, Jason, Anna, Ryan and Josh

My Girls
Lorissa, Lyndsie and Anna
Thought I wouldn't have any
now I have three!!

A trip back to Jackson, WY from Florida.
Now I have four girls!
And five boys, of course!!
Steven, Joel, Ryan, Josh, Jason, Lyndsie, Anna(in the back),
Lorissa, now the big sister 5 times, holding April

Me and my girls
Lorissa, Lyndsie
Anna, April

Lorissa, Jason and Ryan in Pike's Market
Seattle, WA
A visit with the grandparents after their
trip to Haiti.

Port Ludlow, WA at the grandparents.
How old were you here, I let you go to Haiti?
Good thing you had two older brothers, can't believe
I let you fly all over the place!!

Her new car, well actually it's dad's, but he let her
use it ALL the time. I think dad's have a soft spot
for their girls!!
Leicester, NC, she has now
lived in 4 states, we get around!!

Lorissa and me at Myrtle Beach, SC
at the women's retreat.

Here she is on her wedding day.
Isn't she gorgeous? Not sure how that happened!


And here is Vince the great guy she married, a little
crazy to marry into this family, but we love him!!
The story is just begining....
They live in San Diego where they are youth pastors...
who knows what's next.
Happy Birthday Lorissa, I love you!!

2 comments:

Lorissa said...

quite a nice post - but it must be easy to make a good post with such a good subject to post about..... Thanks, Mom!

JenB said...

Love it - I remember so many of those ages too! Miss you guys! I've been catching up all evening on your posts - I'm pretty new at blogs. Do I just have to remember to get on more? I'd love to stay up to date better!
Love you!
Jenny