Monday, October 13, 2008

Granddaddy Lane Remembered

Wilson Lane (2/6/13-10/5/08)
Granddaddy Lane was a very special man to many people! He was special to me because he was the only grandfather that I ever knew. I know I wasn't born into his family but he made me feel special. I realized that I actually knew him longer than I knew my own parents, since mine died when I was in my twenties and early thirties. He will always be remembered! Drew will always remember him because of their mutual love for tractors, especially John Deere's! I will always remember how he fed Grandma Lane's chocolate fudge to Jason before he could even walk! Granddaddy's words to me when I questioned the chocolate on his face, "He likes it!". He will be remembered for his generous heart, especially in the community where he lived.
While we were in Seattle visiting Steve's parents we went through a box of photo of Granddaddy and Grandmother Lane's. What a blessing to share some memories and to get a little more Lane history. Here are some of them for you to enjoy.


No comments: